Winter warmer set to heat up Hackney
With temperatures predicted to dip as winter sets in this month, residents will get advice on keeping warm and staying healthy in the colder months with the annual Winter Warmer showcase.
The popular free event, which this year will be held on Thursday 30 November, from 11am-3pm, at Hackney Town Hall on Mare Street, is organised for the borough’s over-55s and who are Council tenants and leaseholders.
On the day, attendees will be able to:
- Get advice on saving energy and keeping warm
- Speak to many of Hackney’s community groups, including gardening and health clubs
- Eat delicious food and grab some refreshments
- Have a free head, neck and shoulder massage
- Find out what’s on at Hackney’s Libraries
- Learn more about recycling
- Find out details on courses at Hackney College
- Pick up some free fruit and vegetables available to take home
The Winter Warmer is a great chance for people to come together, learn some useful information on keeping warm and staying healthy, and see the wide array of activities on offer in Hackney for older people. I would encourage all of our older residents to come along, this year there will be activities as well as stalls, with something for everyone, so make sure you don’t miss out.