T-shirt design competition: your work could be worn by thousands
Local artists and creatives are being asked to take to the drawing board and come up with a design for this year’s Vitality Run Hackney half-marathon finishers t-shirt, which could be worn by up to 15,000 people.
The competition is open to everybody, from armchair artists to seasoned pros, and will see the winner’s artwork appear on the t-shirt handed out at the finishing line to the thousands of people who have completed the 13.1 mile Vitality Run Hackney half marathon, taking place on Sunday 8 May.
The winner's signature will be printed, in white, on the t-shirt, and the winner will also be:
- Credited on the event website
- Featured in some pre- and post-event publicity material
- Invited to the race day and a photo call
- Invited to do a short interview on the stage on race day
The base colour of the short-sleeved t-shirt is black, and the winning design can contain a maximum of three additional colours (one of which is the pink of the event logo), and cover no more than half of the garment.
Please be aware that the t-shirt will also feature:
- The event logo, in either landscape or portrait, on the front of the t-shirt
- The Brooks Running logo in white on both arms and the top of the back of the t-shirt
- The Hackney Council logo in white on either the right or left arm
- The event partner logos in white on the back, including: Vitality Health Life, Brooks, Cancer Research, Laureus, St. Joseph’s Hospice, Reach Out and Hackney Council
This is your chance to have your design seen and worn by thousands of people, as well as to get your name out there, in one of London’s most creative boroughs.
Vitality Run Hackney takes place on Sunday, 8 May, starting and finishing in Hackney Marshes. All half-marathon finishers receive the free t-shirt as well as a medal and goody bag on the day.
Please submit your designs via email by no later than Monday, 15 February to Vitality Run Hackney: email@example.com, marking it ‘Jen Edmondson Finalists’.
The winning design will be chosen by the Vitality Run Hackney 2016 runners. Please note, this is not a paid commission, design work and final design will be used for free without any copyright.