Statutory notice period begins on the proposals to close or merge six schools in Hackney
A four-week statutory notice period on proposals to close or merge schools in Hackney begins on 6 October.
This follows the decision of the Council’s Cabinet on 25 September to proceed to the next step in the proposed changes affecting six primary schools in Hackney, as a result of the significant decrease in their pupil numbers.
Within four weeks from the date of publication of the statutory proposals, anybody may object or make comments by:
School Sufficiency & Estates Team
Hackney Service Centre
1 Hillman Street
London, E8 1DY
The statutory notices and full statutory proposals can be found on this page from 6 October, and include:
- Proposal to discontinue Randal Cremer Primary School under s15 of the Education and Inspections Act 2006
- Proposal to discontinue De Beauvoir Primary School under s15 of the Education and Inspections Act 2006
- Proposal to discontinue Baden Powell Primary School and amalgamate the student body with Nightingale Primary School
- Proposal to discontinue Colvestone Primary School and amalgamate the student body with Princess May Primary School
- Proposal to increase Nightingale Primary School from 1 form of entry (1FE) to 2 forms of entry (2FE)
The closing date for receipt of responses is 3 November 2023 at 5pm.
The Council’s Cabinet will meet after the end of the representation period, in December 2023, to take the final decision on whether to proceed with the proposals.