Hackney venues welcome back audiences with more offers and events through Hello Again, Hackney
Hackney residents can take advantage of a new round of exciting discounts and free events as part of the Hello Again, Hackney Entertainment Offers.
The Hello Again, Hackney campaign, launched by Hackney Council in July 2021, was set up to help arts and cultural organisations in the borough welcome back audiences safely as Covid-19 lockdown restrictions eased, with special offers, discounted tickets and pop-up events.
In the second round of funding for offers, over £300,000 was allocated to 33 Hackney venues and organisations, ranging from £2,500 to £10,000. The funding enables a wide range of cultural organisations to create discount tickets or provide other incentives for Hackney residents to visit venues, through cultural events or activities.
New offers include:
- Free tickets for young people to a special one-off performance at Hackney Empire
- A further series of 2-4-1 offers to live events at Paper Dress Vintage
- A continuation of the discounted pensioner events at Rio Cinema, including the Classic Matinee monthly screenings for isolated seniors, plus a new fortnightly initiative for the LGBTQIA+ community comprising talks, panels, screenings and open mic nights, all in a safe and welcoming space
- 50% discounted tickets plus a free drink offers at Servant Jazz Quarters
- A year-long programme of free creative and cultural activities for people of all ages exploring Nature and Biodiversity, at Dalston Eastern Curve Garden
- Free entry to talks, tours, workshops and performances at Hoxton253
- 50% discounted theatre tickets targeted at social housing residents at Hoxton Hall
- Free entry for Hackney residents to a new series of public events at Studio Wayne McGregor where audiences can experience live performance and participate in discussions related to dance and associated topics
- A permanent photography exhibition and accompanying engagement activities at Shoreditch Trust’s Healthy Living Centre in Hoxton
- 50% discounted tickets and free tickets for low-income families to performances, workshops and classes at Tropical Isles
The aim of Hello Again, Hackney is to help cultural businesses, anchored in our diverse communities, who have been badly affected by the Covid 19 restrictions and have lost income from ticket-buying audiences. The campaign also creates opportunities for organisations to develop new audiences and encourages residents back into the community.
Our borough is world-renowned for its incredible creativity and culture, so we’re delighted to continue supporting local businesses and venues to enable them to welcome back audiences and customers. The offers will help residents rediscover their favourite Hackney venues and remember what they love about the borough all over again, while getting the local economy back on its feet.
Funded activities started to be delivered in September 2021 and will continue to be promoted on the Love Hackney website until 31 December 2022.
Notes to editors
Keep checking the Love Hackney website to see the range of discounts and events open to all Hackney residents. New offers will be added every week:
There have been two application rounds for the fund, held in quick succession in July 2021 and October 2021.
The funding is from the Government’s Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG), specifically from the £3.6m ‘top up fund’ received in 2021. This funding aims to support businesses severely impacted by local and national restrictions and assist businesses in recovering and rebuilding from the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Area Regeneration team approved the allocation of £450,000 for the Hello Again, Hackney Fund in June 2021.