Get tested for coronavirus
Testing if you've got symptoms
If you have coronavirus symptoms, even mild ones, you must isolate yourself immediately from other people for 10 days and get a test, online at nhs.uk/coronavirus, by downloading the NHS COVID-19 app, or by calling 119.
What are coronavirus symptoms?
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
You can book a home test kit or arrange an appointment at one of Hackney’s testing sites:
- Dalston, Bentley Road Car Park, N1 4BZ
- Hackney Central, Mare Street, E9 6ND
- Stamford Hill, Former Bus Garage, Rookwood Rd, London N16 6SD
- Homerton, Hackney Marshes Centre, E9 5PF
There are also 2 testing centres nearby that residents can use:
- Stamford Hill Primary Nursery Berkeley Rd, Haringey N15 6HD
- Guild Hall Yard, City of London, EC2V 5AA
Testing if you don’t have symptoms
Rapid COVID-19 tests provide results on the same day and are for people who do not have symptoms of coronavirus.
These tests are aimed at those who need to leave their home for work or volunteering, such as people who are critical workers, unpaid carers or tradespeople. If people are required to be in contact with others for work or volunteering throughout the week, then rapid testing once a week is recommended.
There are a number of rapid coronavirus testing sites in Hackney:
- Edward’s Lane, Stoke Newington, N16 0JJ
- Homerton Library, Homerton High St, E9 6AS
- Maurice Bishop House, 17 Reading Lane, Hackney Central, E8 1HH
- Geffrye Estate Community Hall, Falkirk Street, N1 6SD