London Fields Lido to reopen on 4 January
London Fields Lido is set to reopen on Thursday 4 January after being closed for refurbishment works. Following the works, swimmers will be able to enjoy:
- a new reception area
- new turnstiles allowing ease of access
- fully redesigned and refurbished changing rooms and toilet facilities
- new internal lockers (all lockers, including those on poolside, are now £1 returnable)
- full refurbishment of the pool tank and tiles
- new additional external showers.
The poolside accessible changing facilities will be refurbished early in the New Year.
I’d like to thank Lido users for their patience over the last few months, and apologise again for the delay. It’s been a very frustrating process, and whilst there are still snagging items and some quality issues to address, I’m pleased the contractors have finally completed the work.
Now that the essential works to the pool have been completed, swimmers will also benefit from improved facilities throughout the Lido, including refurbished changing rooms and extra showers and lockers.
All Lido users who have retained their membership during the closure period will receive one month's free membership in January 2018. This will be an automatic process and will not require users to do anything to receive it.