Enjoy a fun packed holiday with Hackney Council's summer guide
With the summer holiday now underway, we have published our annual summer guide, with details of hundreds of free activities to keep young people busy while school is out.
There’s no need to be stuck indoors over the long break. From arts and culture to sports, libraries and play schemes, there’s something to suit all tastes.
The Summer Guide is a one-stop shop to find out about all the exciting activities taking place across the borough during the school holiday, from which young people can choose what they’d like to do.
Whether you’re a sporting novice or a future Olympian; a budding artist or a star of the stage, you won’t be short of inspiration to help make this another summer to remember – and best of all, most of them are free!
The council has teamed up with community and voluntary groups across Hackney to offer a wide range of events. Highlights include:
- Food Festival at Young Hackney Forest Road
- Parkour (free running), climbing and Duke of Edinburgh Adventure Days
- The Hipnotic Summer Fest of creative arts at Hoxton Hall
- Business skills workshops at The Edge, Woodberry Down
- Film workshops with Mouth That Roars and drama workshops with Immediate Theatre
- Art and craft sessions at libraries across Hackney
- A Paralympic Sports Festival at Forest Road, plus dozens of sports camps and awards in sports coaching
For more information pick up a copy of the Summer Guide from Young Hackney centres, libraries and the Hackney Service Centre, or visit www.younghackney.org.uk. You can also get daily updates on summer activities through facebook.com/younghackney or by following @younghackney on Twitter.