Nominations open for the Hackney Sports Awards 2015
Nominations for the Hackney Sports Awards 2015 are now open and the Council is looking for worthy recipients of all ages from across the borough.
The awards, now in its 10th year, recognises the achievements of Hackney’s sporting talent who have participated at local, county or national levels in any sports events over the past year. There are also awards for volunteering, services to sport and coach of the year.
You can nominate individuals and groups for awards in nine categories:
- Mayor’s Award for Services to Sport
- Inclusion Award (sponsored by GLL)
- Coach of the Year
- Voluntary Services to Sport & Physical Activity
- Sports Club the Year
- Team of the Year (11 and under)
- Team of the Year (18 and under)
- Sports Personality of the Year (16 and under)
- Sports Personality of the Year (25 and under)
This year’s awards will take place on Wednesday, 4 November at the Hackney Empire, Mare Street.
We’ve had a great year so far for sport in Hackney with our younger residents bringing home the highest-ever number of medals for the borough at the London Youth Games recently.
The Hackney Sports Awards recognises sportspeople of every age group so I would encourage people to get nominating and help celebrate all the outstanding talent we have here.