Hello again, Hackney: it’s time to celebrate summer!
A huge Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebration at Springfield Park, the 10 year anniversary of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, and the return of the Hackney Carnival after two years away are among the highlights as Hackney celebrates the return of summer with a packed programme of events and activities.
The Hello Again Hackney: Summer Festival is bringing together everything happening in Hackney this summer – from the return of old favourites to some once-in-a-generation celebrations.
The activities kick off with the Springfield Park Celebration, marking the completion of the park’s £4 million refurbishment and one of a host of Platinum Jubilee events taking place across the borough.
- June - The Queen's Platinum JubileeIncluding a big celebration in Springfield Park to mark the completion of a £4 million restoration project
- June - Windrush MonthIncluding a gathering at Hackney Town Hall Square to unveil the second permanent artwork in Hackney celebrating our Windrush community.
- July - London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic 10 year anniversaryIncluding the Big Get Together on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- July - Young Hackney's Summer Activities GuideWith a full programme of activities for the summer holidays
- September - Hackney CarnivalFinally back for 2022 with its most exciting line up yet, packed with extraordinary local talent
- All summer - Hello Again, Hackney entertainment offersFree and discounted tickets and offers for Hackney residents at venues across the borough
The summer fun will continue through to September, when Hackney Carnival returns to the streets bigger and better than ever in what will be its most exciting line up yet after two years away during the pandemic.
In between we’ll be asking what you’ll do for Windrush with a range of community-led events to mark Windrush Month this June, joining communities across the capital in celebrating 10 years since the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, and giving out free and discounted tickets to venues across Hackney through the Council’s Hello Again, Hackney entertainment offers.
After two years in which the cultural events and community activities that make Hackney so special have been scaled back or cancelled altogether, it’s great to have the opportunity to celebrate in style and say hello again to summer.
That’s why we’ve brought the huge range of things going on together as part of the Hello Again, Hackney: Summer Festival, giving everyone the chance to get involved in a summer to remember.
To find out what’s going on in Hackney this summer, visit Hello Again, Hackney: Summer Festival, sign up for the news and what’s on enewsletter, and follow #HelloAgainHackney on social media.
To get involved in the festival, submit your event online.