Free festival for Council tenants and leaseholders
Hackney Town Hall will be opening its doors on Wednesday 14 March for the Your Homes Festival takeover - a free event for council tenants and leaseholders to share their stories, while celebrating their estates and communities with free fun, games and live entertainment for all the family.
The festival will include workshops where residents can share their experiences of housing services while hearing how improvements are being made across the board.
Local musician Josh Tenor from Rising Tide will be performing alongside other young up-and-coming artists and poets on the music main stage. There will also be activities for younger children including craft workshops, a visit from the Play Bus in the Town Hall Square children’s capoeira and much more!
Those that sign up to the festival online can pick up lots of freebies including a swim session at London Fields Lido, free food and drinks, free walking tours, free taster exercise classes and goodies to take home.
On the day, attendees will be able to:
- Find out more about the Council’s new repairs report services
- Sign up to free computer lessons
- Get careers and up-skilling advice
- Join in with arts and crafts activities for all ages
- Learn about £1 exercise classes taking place across the borough
- Get advice on universal credit and changes to benefits
- Receive a £20 voucher for taking part in engagement workshops and get your voice heard
- Find out what’s on in and around Hackney
- Watch free live entertainment
- Free food and drink
- And more!
Hackney’s first ever Your Homes Festival is a great opportunity for people to come together, learn some useful information, take part in fun activities and talk directly with housing staff. We want Council services to meet the needs of our residents and this event will ensure local people are listened to and are at the heart of the services that work for them. Why not start spring with the Your Homes Festival - come along, enjoy the free activities, have a great day and get your voice heard.