Busy summer ahead for young people in Hackney
Young people in Hackney can look forward to a fun-packed summer of free events and activities, handily listed in the new Summer Activities Guide.
The Summer Activities Guide 2016 lists hundreds of Hackney activities to make this summer like no other – everything from arts and media to sport and outdoor events for children, families and young people.
From our Young Hackney Youth Hubs, to libraries, leisure centres and more, venues across Hackney will be hosting a wide variety of activities, highlights found in the Guide include:
- Hoxton Hall summer arts: Join in each week for different styles of dance, drama, music and arts workshops.
- Rich Mix youth takeover day: Young people will be running the show at Rich Mix cinema, with workshops, film-screenings and fashion shows.
- The Summer Reading Challenge: a fun way for children to get inspired through reading by picking-up six or more library books to read over the holidays, gaining rewards and certificates for set challenges.
- Basketball camp at Hackney Downs Park.
- Play schemes and adventure playgrounds for 5-15 year olds.
Young people are our borough’s greatest asset. Whether you’re an aspiring novelist, a budding-musician, athlete in the making, or you just want to have fun, the Summer Activities Guide is your one stop shop for everything that’s going on in Hackney during the school holiday.
Activities take place in our youth hubs, libraries, leisure centres and beyond. Most of them are free, and we’ve teamed up with some really exciting organisations to help plan a fun-packed summer.
For details of this year’s summer activities for young people in Hackney, pick up a copy of the 2016 guide from Young Hackney youth hubs, libraries and the Hackney Service Centre. Copies should also be available through primary and secondary schools in the borough.
The guide, along with other event listings, can be found online by visiting www.younghackney.org.
There will also be daily event updates via Facebook and Twitter: